Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Trip to the ER

(JaNece editor) I was visiting a friend in Springville yesterday and was heading to my parents house for a quick visit before I drove home. I had a message from my mom saying not to come to the house b/c Dad was in the ER. I knew he had a Dr.'s appointment that day b/c he had shortness of breath and a bad cough for a month now. So I called my mom to see if things were okay. She said they were and to not worry. It was late and I had both my kids with me, but I felt like I needed to be there. I found the room they were in and we had a good visit. The Xrays showed fluid in Dad's left lung. A few different Dr.'s came in to talk to him. The last Dr. (though I had a hard time hearing b/c my kids were very restless at that point) said that there was a lesion on his lung and that he might have cancer. It was very shocking and scary. I called Mindy and Jared to tell them what was happening and drove home. It was very surreal. It was so unexpected and fast. They kept him overnight at the hospital and said he would need surgery to drain the fluid and fix the hole where fluid was coming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment