Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Flight Home

(JaNece editor) I was at the airport minutes after we heard the news from Dad. I bit my tounge trying to hold back tears. I prayed that I would feel Heavenly Father's love in this trial. As I sat on the plane, reality hit me right in the face. I couldn't conceal my sadness and I couldn't stop crying. It was a very crowded flight and I was embarrassed that I was sobbing out of control. I was sitting in between a man reading a book and a woman. The woman leaned over to me and asked if I was alright after several minutes of my tears. It took me a few minutes to compose myself and explain. She told me that she was on her way to visit her sister whose husband died a year ago of Lymphoma. She was LDS (I saw her Quad in the seat pocket) so I knew I could talk to her about the plan of Salvation and how I was feeling at the moment. We visited about other people she knew with cancer and it seemed as if we were supposed to meet each other. She was so sweet and gave me words of comfort. Then she pulled a book from her bag and said, "I didn't know why I was bringing this book, but I think it's supposed to be yours." It was a book with scriptural answers to hard questions (related to death) and she said she found comfort in it. I got her name and address and I felt the Spirit touch my heart. I knew that he was showing me His love through this woman. As our conversation continued, we found out that we were both at the same performance of the broadway musical "Wicked" yestday, just rows apart. It was unreal! I am so thankful for her and how she touched me during this difficult day. I called Dad tonight and he was in the garage working! I love that he is doing what he loves and living his life to the fullest. I am thankful for the power of prayer and for experiences of mortality. I know that Heavenly Father loves us, He is aware of us and I have faith in Him. Thank you Shelly, for being my angel today!

3 comments:

  1. This is so special. I have tears in my eyes. I am so sorry about what you are all going through. It's comforting knowing about the plan of salvation. I am so honored to know your dad, he is such a strong man. You are all in my prayers. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have big tears in my eyes and a huge lump in my throat! We love you guys so much! That is a sweet story. Please know we are all praying for your dad and your family. When I informed Michael about this, he was shocked like the rest of us. But as we ended our conversation, he said he wished there was an In-And-Out nearby so he could take him one of those "animal style" burgers he introduced all of us to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful I'm not on a plane right now! Because I would have to explain my sobs right now. I love you and your family, Janece. You guys are all so amazing and how thankful I am for the internet, to be able to feed off of your testimonies. The Lord is amazing and how blessed we are for our knowledge and his love!

    ReplyDelete